Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I {heart} Ribbon!

Last week I put in an order for 5 yards each of 55 different colors of grosgrain ribbon. I know, I know.. WHAT?! But I will actually use it! In fact I've already used some of it on two separate projects, and one of them is a card challenge! I'll have to wait to share the pics as it's actually a card for someone who I know is a regular follower of my blog and I want her to see it first, ;0)

So what does 275 yards of yummy, ribbony, goodness look like? Ta-da!



I've decided to store the ribbon, separated by color, in these food storage boxes that I found at Walmart for $0.50 a piece. It makes it super easy to find the color that I'm looking for and putting everything away again is a snap!


Edited to add : I purchased the ribbon from www.teapartyribbons.com ;0)

5 comments:

Christine David said...

Nummy! That ribbon is gorgeous. I really liked the orange in person!

Love to see that you let yourself purchase it all :), knew you had it in you.

Jenn said...

I am soooo jealous!!! I have a whole 3 tier plastic rolling stand FULL of ribbon!! Wanna share your source? All your colours are beautiful! You're so lucky!!
TFS!

Sparkplug17 said...

Wow, thats looks so much fun! But ribbon is the last thing I need. How was CKC?

Melanie said...

Jenn, LOVE the card you sent me. It's beautiful and it means so much to me that you care.

You can feel free to post that pic now!

Melanie
PS..look at my blog for the comment my mom left about Emma...it made me cry, in a good way.

Barb said...

Great ribbon storage idea. I just organized mine, too, but I put it all in one big container, sorted by color and texture. I like how you've separated yours giving each container its own color . Hmmm...I may have to re-think what I've done! Looks great! TFS